There are obviously a lot of graphic overrides in Revit. Just in regard to “line weights, line patterns and line colours” here is the ranks of what wins out the line overrides
- Line Work Tool
- Override graphics in view by elements
- View Depth -Beyond
system line type (plan views only)
- Phasing graphic overrides
- Advanced model graphics – silhouette edges.
- Visibility / Graphic overrides – Halftone
- Visibility / Graphic overrides – Override host layers (Cut line styles)
- Visibility / Graphic overrides - (projection & cut lines)
- Project object styles
Design options – to use the line work tool or override graphics in view by elements on items in design options, you must be in edit mode in the design option.