Monday, June 8, 2009

Spot Slope.

I was very excited when I saw the new “Spot Slope” tool in Revit 2010. However I became disappointed very quickly. I’m not sure why Autodesk cannot create software which caters for a large amount of the countries they sell in.

Australia, New Zealand, Britain, Ireland, Singapore, Malaysia and I’m sure other countries use the Ratio system for Ramps of 1 (rise) : Horizontal Distance Travelled.
Example; in Australia the maximum rise for a disabled compliant ramp is 1:14. The spot slope tool seems to cater for all kind of different slope formula except this system of 1 : Distance.

Considering ensuring ramps are compliant is such a major concern for Architects, it seems to be quite clear, Autodesk need to work on their software product development research.

Come on guys, let’s get the simple things right.

No comments: